Commercial Litigation and Appeals Lawyers in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Taylor Colicchio LLP, attempts to resolve disputes and claims with arbitration, negotiation and fair settlements, primarily on behalf of business ownership and management. However, it is often necessary to take matters to litigation, and in those cases the firm will defend our clients' rights with skill, passion, and all the resources we can bring to bear on the case.
Insurance Litigation Defense and Coverage -
- We offer a wide array of insurance defense services relating to coverage issues and opinions nationwide. Our litigation attorneys are seasoned trial counsel experienced in environmental and toxic torts, employment/civil rights, railroad risk, premises liability, personal injury liability, products liability and professional malpractice.
- The firm routinely represents insurance clients such as CNA, Homestead, AIG, GENSTAR, Royal, Legion, Columbia Casualty, Lexington, ACE, One Beacon, Bankers Insurance, Kemper, Zurich American, and Travelers Insurance companies.
- We represent self-insured clients such as Conrail, National Park Service, CSXT Transportation, and many others.
- The firm can adapt its litigation approach to fit the individual needs and requirements of any particular client, and can provide litigation services to insurance defense clients in situations including coverage opinions, monitoring of local counsel representation nationwide, claims analysis and auditing, trial services, and appellate advocacy.
Director and Officer Litigation -
- The firm has experience defending directors and officers in corporate, business and employment-related litigation.
- Issues ranging from personal liability exposure in corporate, business and shareholder litigation to defending claims made against them involving allegations of breaches of fiduciary duties, fraud, misrepresentation, discrimination, defamation, and other allegations of wrongdoing.
- Complementing our strong director and officer litigation capability is the firm's representation of corporations and business entities in complex business and commercial transactions.
Commercial Litigation, Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy -
- Our litigation group represents commercial and individual clients in a variety of matters in state and federal courts.
- We have successfully handled commercial and securities disputes, real property and commercial foreclosure actions, surety claims, toxic tort and environmental suits, creditors' rights and bankruptcy matters, debt restructuring, liquidations, construction disputes, and the defense of criminal prosecutions.
Environmental and Toxic Tort Litigation -
- We represent business clients both individually and on behalf of major insurers in the prosecution and defense of a wide variety of environmental and toxic tort claims.
- We have been substantially engaged in matters including complex multi-party personal injury litigation involving asbestos, silica, latex, toxic chemicals and lead, as well as property damage and contamination claims.
- The firm's attorneys also have substantial experience in litigating spill claims and Superfund matters.
Ellen Nunno Corbo
Employment Litigation -
- The firm offers employment litigation services in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, representing primarily management, but also individual employees, in actions and arbitrations involving claims of wrongful discharge, all forms of discrimination, and sexual harassment.
- We are experienced in handling employment matters in state and federal courts, before arbitration panels, and before local, state, and federal agencies.
- We negotiate and draft non-compete agreements, and represent clients in actions to prevent unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation, and violations of non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
Retail Property Owners/Managers -
- We represent clients in connection with all phases of the ownership and management of various commercial office buildings, warehouse properties, shopping malls, and supermarkets.
- We typically defend retail merchants and their insurers in lawsuits involving premises liability, security, food poisoning, property damage, products liability, business invitees, trespassers, contractual indemnity claims, and insurance coverage disputes.
- The firm's real estate litigation attorneys also have substantial experience in the area of commercial leasing and property management, including the preparation and negotiation of commercial leases.
Construction Litigation -
- We offer clients comprehensive services in the areas of construction litigation, dispute resolution, and claims avoidance, including prosecution and defense of construction claims, litigation and arbitration on behalf of and against public and private owners, contractors, sureties, architects, home inspectors, real estate appraisers, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers of major equipment and components.
- The firm's construction lawyers currently represent builders, developers, public agencies, Fortune 200 corporations, and suppliers of major components for both nuclear and fossil fuel power plants as well as professionals in the architectural, engineering and construction management fields in the state and federal courts of New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
- Taylor, Colicchio & Silverman, LLP, is equipped to handle a wide variety of construction-related matters, ranging from claims of personal injury and property damage to the most complex construction disputes.
Construction Defect Litigation -
- We provide comprehensive defense services in the areas of construction litigation, dispute resolution, and claims avoidance to many of the same clients we represent in construction litigation.
- Our services include litigation defense and coverage opinions in matters involving construction defect and labor law claims.
- We handle a wide variety of construction related matters, ranging from direct claims of personal injury and property damage to issues of indemnification and other sub contractual liability claims.
- TCS routinely provides coverage opinions to its insurance clients in cases involving construction accidents, and advice and assistance in drafting, negotiating and administering construction contracts.
Please contact our New Jersey or New York offices to arrange a consultation.
Taylor Colicchio LLP
Attorneys At Law
502 Carnegie Center, Suite 103
Princeton, NJ 08540
Taylor Colicchio LLP
Attorneys At Law
425 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10016