Philip M. Colicchio
Princeton, New Jersey
PHILIP M. COLICCHIO is a founding partner and leader of the firm's Litigation and Appeals, Commercial Law, and Hospitality Practice Groups. Born in Elizabeth, New Jersey on July 14, 1959, he is a graduate of Seton Hall University (Magna Cum Laude, 1981) and Villanova Law School (1984). Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Colicchio served as Senior Counsel to the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation ("Freddie Mac") in Washington, D.C., from 1988-1992. He is a member of the Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and American Bar Associations; the International Counsel of Shopping Centers; the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts; the Mortgage Bankers Associations of both New Jersey and America; the New Jersey Apartment Owner Association and the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging.
Areas of Professional Concentration Include: Business counseling and litigation; national and international restaurant and hospitality development and consulting; private REIT investment; commercial and multi-family real estate; commercial litigation and debt restructuring; employment and environmental litigation.
Mr. Colicchio lectures regularly on the topics of hotel and restaurant development, the negotiation of licensing and management agreements between accomplished chefs/restaurateurs and mixed use real estate/hotel/casino owners, as well as on restaurant leasing. He also speaks frequently on the subject of private REIT investments, as serves as general counsel to REIT Capital Solutions LLC, of Short Hills, New Jersey and Los Angeles, California.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania,
Honors: Chairman, Moot Court Board
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey,
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- July 14, 1959